Friday, December 07, 2012
NYC INDEPENDENCE PARTY ORGANIZATIONS -- ANTI-CORRUPTION AWARDS
- MTA’s Lhota poised for GOP mayor run (By DAVID SEIFMAN City Hall Bureau Chief, NY POST) Independence Party strategist Jacqueline Salit said she has yet to hear from Lhota. A potential rival, former Bronx Borough President Adolfo Carrión, turned up at the party’s annual “anti-corruption awards” ceremony last weekend.
- Quinn: 'I've been independent for a long time' (By Azi Paybarah, Capital New York) The ceremony at the Tribeca Grill was the 13th Annual Anti-Corruption Awards, along with Carrion and Quinn, also included State Senator Malcolm Smith, a Democrat who has met with local Republican chairmen about the possibility of running for mayor on that party's line. Pollster Doug Schoen, a Democrat who has done extensive work with Bloomberg and has carved out a niche doing surveys that find a public hunger for post-partisan centrism, was also in attendance…. Carrion said he had "declared my independence," and "it feels good."
- Mayoral hopefuls court city Independence Party (by Chris Bragg, Crain's New York/insider) Three mayoral hopefuls—Council Speaker Christine Quinn, Queens state Sen. Malcolm Smith and former Bronx Borough President Adolfo Carrión—are expected to attend the New York City Independence Party’s “13th Annual Anti-Corruption Awards” ceremony this Sunday, a party spokeswoman said.
- 13th Annual Ant-Corruption Awards (Michael Drucker, The Independent View) WITH VIDEO - "A candidate's registration is not a deciding factor for us," Jacqueline Salit, a leader of the Independence Party said. "That's one of the great things about having fusion politics. But we're very gratified Carrion became an independent and we're very gratified that the three candidates came here today."
NOTE: Michael Drucker is a Former Member, New York State Committee of the Independence Party (73rd AD - Eastside Manhattan) and 4th Term Member, New York City Independence Party Organizations - Manhattan Executive Committee and County Committee, representing the 73rd AD. He created his blog in April 2007.
- Christine Quinn Congratulates Jacqueline Salit (via @capitalnewyork) VIDEO
- Bill Thompson 'obviously' will talk with the Independence Party (By Azi Paybarah, Capital New York) In 2009, Bill Thompson received more votes for mayor on the Democratic line than Mayor Michael Bloomberg received on the Republican line, but Bloomberg prevailed in the unexpectedly close race thanks to the 150,073 votes he secured on the Independence Party line.
NY1 Blog: NY1's Bob Hardt Reports On Sandy From Rockaway Beach (NY1) There continues to be mounting frustration from other residents here. The Red Cross is quickly becoming the villain because it has been invisible. It's a bad sign for the world that Occupy Wall Street and a Sikh group from Queens are doing a better job at distributing hot food than the largest international relief group in the world. It was also bizarre to see Independence Party activist Lenora Fulani tour the area with State Senator Malcolm Smith -- but at least she's here.
NOTE: TO READ ONLINE, SCROLL MIDWAY DOWN THE PAGE
INTERVIEWS BY A BLACK INDEPENDENT
- 12/13: Interviews by a Black Independent (CRAIGSLIST AD)On Thursday December 13th, Dr. Lenora Fulani will be interview legendary jazz great, Roy Ayers.
- Imhotep’s guide to black events Dec. 6-12 (Amsterdam News) Dr. Lenora Fulani will interview Roy Ayers, a music legend and one of the most sampled artists in history.
- Sharpton says Albany's new bipartisan power sharing deal leaves minorities out in the cold (By Kenneth Lovett / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS) Sharpton said the deal prevents the black and Latino senators from chairing committees and setting an agenda that matters to their community — a right they should have earned when their party won 33 of 63 seats in the chamber.
- Rev. Al Sharpton to renegade New York State Senate Democrats: Don't form coalition with Republicans! (By Kenneth Lovett AND Glenn Blain / DAILY NEWS ALBANY BUREAU) The powerful civil rights leader issued a statement warning renegade Democrats that they should play nice with their party.
Election Results and Analysis (Pacific Dreams New York Life) Previous to Stein's historic success on Tuesday, the most votes ever received by a female presidential candidate were the nearly 220,000 votes won by Lenora Fulani, New Alliance Party candidate for president in 1988. (NOTE: The photo-montage on this blog by Gregory Rosenthal is worth a peek!)
Monday, December 03, 2012
NYC Independence Party Anti-Corruption Awards Honors Jacqueline Salit, Stephanie Orasco and New Possibilities
Independentvoting.org President Jackie Salit accepting an 2012 Anti-Corruption Award from the NYC Independence Party Organizations, with congratulations to Univeristy of North Carolina at Greensboro independent organizer sister-awardee Stehpanie Orasco. Presented by the NYC Independence Party and Cathy L. Stewart, John Opdycke. Special guests NY State Senator Malcolm Smith, former Bronx Borough President Adolfo Carrión, Jr.
Video by Sandy Friedman