- Bloomberg, Thompson make final push (By Dave Evans, ABC Local) Clip of IP Citywide meeting includes statement by Jackie Salit on 2nd clip
- Bill goes radio silent vs. slur--Keeps mum during caller's anti-Semitic slap at Mike (By SALLY GOLDENBERG and MAGGIE HABERMAN, NY Post) Later, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Midtown, Bloomberg joined a crowd of 500 in a standing ovation for controversial activist and Independence Party leader Lenora Fulani at a get-out-the-vote rally.
- The Early Word: Election Week (By ASHLEY SOUTHALL, NY Times)
- Off-Year Races May Provide Insight (By ADAM NAGOURNEY, NY Times)
- Handful of elections shed light on US politics (By LIZ SIDOTI, AP)
- Extremism and the 2009 Elections: slouching toward the future. (Gather)
NJ GOV RACE
- Independent stirs up New Jersey governor contest (by Ellen Wulfhorst, Reuters Washington Post) Independents seldom poll as well as Daggett has, said Douglas Muzzio, a public affairs professor at Baruch College in New York. "He's tapped into some anger, some fear, some distrust but overall a dissatisfaction with the incumbent and his Republican challenger," Muzzio said.
- Christie, Corzine a Point Apart in N.J., While Daggett Fades (Politics Daily, Bruce Drake)