A few notes:
- 45% of independents voted for Obama this year (compared with 52% in 2008) CORRECTED
- independents were marginalized this year
- the independent movement is growing, currently 40% of electorate
- partisan registration is declining
- we're facing more than just "problems" -- we're facing a major transformation of the global economy, a major cultural transformation in the US and elsewhere
- independents keep working at the grassroots
Let's face it, changing our political culture is up to grassroots independents! As Cathy Stewart and Harry Kresky and the NYC Independence Party base discuss. Check back here for more clips from this meeting!