Today is primary day and 3.5 million Flori

Sunday, March 04, 2007

2008 primaries and independent anti-war voters

Anti-War States Up First:
In New Hampshire, which has only two congressional districts, these anti-war primary voters represented half the state. So this unpredictable electorate will have a big say as to whom Democrats nominate for president in 2008. Republican candidates also have reason to take note of the 2006 results in a state where independent voters make up a plurality and can vote in either party primary.... (Investor's Business Daily)

1 comment:

Robert B. Winn said...

Regardless of what happens in any party primary, no political party candidate will be on the ballot on general election day who has any plan to end the war in Iraq. That makes me the only candidate at this date with a plan to end the war. I would go to Guantanamo, load the "prisoners of war" onto airplanes, and take them back where they came from. Then I would tell the military in Iraq to stand down until further orders.
This would end the war because Congress did not declare war. They gave the President "war powers". That is how I would use "war powers" in this war.
I am not copyrighting this plan to end the war. Any other candidate is free to use it. However, on general election day, I am the only candidate for President who would take this action.
Secondly, after taking this action, I promise I would attend my impeachment trial. I do not believe it would be possible for the parties to start up this war again after this action by a President.
Robert B. Winn