Should the US get out of Afghanistan?
- Parsippany independents hold key to mayoral race (By Eugene Paik/For The Star-Ledger)
- Voters More Favorable to Afghan War Troop Hike (CQ Politics)
- Terror-Free Afghanistan Is Worth American Blood, U.S. Voters Tell Quinnipiac University National Poll; But Only 38 Percent Want To Send More Troops (Quinnipiac) Independent voters came down in the middle, but a plurality of 40 percent favored a troop increase, while 28 percent said there should be fewer US troops
- Term limits tweak maybe heading back to ballot (By Anthony York, Capitol Weekly) The term-limits change is just one of the government reform measures that may be headed to the ballot next year. Gov. Schwarzenegger has endorsed the concept of an open primary. Signatures are already being collected on a part-time legislature initiative. And labor groups are contemplating pushing changes to the legislative vote requirements to eliminate the current two-thirds requirements to pass new taxes and state budgets.
Independence Party and Working Families Party together will determine the election of top NYC posts, and some status-quo-ites are unhappy about that!
- New York’s Two-Party System--Public-sector unions on one side, billionaires on the other (Harry Siegel and Fred Siegel, City Journal) The Democrats will also have competition of sorts from the Independence Party...
- NYC Mayor: What's In A Party ID? (National Journal/Hotline)
- Betrayal! Boro’s two top Dems are supporting non-Democrats (The Brooklyn Paper / Ben Muessig)