- Forces lining up against Democrats in '10 (By Dan Balz, reprint in Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Tea Party insurgency marches into key states--But will Tea Party protest energy help or hobble the Republican Party? They're challenging some GOP candidates and could split the vote in those races. (By Patrik Jonsson, Christian Science Monitor)
- Party Moderate Purge (By Kellyn Brown, Flathead Beacon)
- WARNING: INDEPENDENTS MAY GO REPUBLICAN IN 2010! (Jack Jodell, The Saturday Afternoon Post)
- Serious as a heart attack: The independents' story (By Jackie Salit, Rapid City Journal)
- Fight Night in Jersey: Christie Can Get the KO Without Throwing a Punch (By Bill Pascoe, Politico) He's risen from 13 percent support from Independent voters in August to 20 percent today, while Christie has slipped among those same Independent voters, from 55 percent in August to 40 percent today. Coincidence? I think not.
- Stumping With Mayor, Giuliani Stirs Old Fears (By DAVID W. CHEN, NY Times)