NYC Independence Party attorney Harry Kresky attended the Baruch College forum on Charter Revision last month and raised the issue of nonpartisan elections as an issue that the Mayor appointed commission might want to take up.
Since then, the Commission has been constituted and City Council isn't happy about it...
NYC CHARTER REVISION
- Mayor taps CUNY head to chair commission on charter revision (BY ADAM LISBERG, DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU CHIEF)
- Island has just 1 representative on panel to revise City Charter (SI Advance, By Tom Wrobleski)
- Two Bronxites Named to City Charter Revision Commission (Bronx News Network)
- Bloomberg taps Marty's chief of staff for charter commission (By RICH CALDER, NY Post)
- Mike names reform panel for term limits (By DAVID SEIFMAN, NY Post)
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Charter Revision Commission has a bit of Brooklyn moxie. (YourNabe Brooklyn Hts)
- Goldstein: Charter change proposals will be on November ballot (BY ELIZABETH BENJAMIN, Daily News/Daily Politics)
- RPA's Hope Cohen to serve on NYC Charter Revision Commission (Regional Plan Association)
- County Clerk Stephen Fiala to sit on charter commission charged with complete review of city government (By Peter N. Spencer, SI Advance)