- Ballot Measure 65: Vote “Yes” (Pioneer Log)
- Ballot Measure 65: Vote “No” (Pioneer Log) the primaries under 65 will simply be an earlier general election, and Nov 4 will just be a round two.
- Guest column: Everyone votes under Measure 65 (News Review Today) Every two years, independents (or non-affiliated) voters help pay for the primary election across Oregon, yet are excluded from voting for the candidates on partisan ballots. If the political parties want to exclude people from the ballot, then the political parties should pay for their private primaries themselves.
- As Americans Vote, the World Holds Its Breath (Utne Reader) Every time Obama talked about restoring America’s standing in the world during those debates, that little CNN widget tracking independent voters’ sentiments spiked.
- The Coming Republican Minority (Marc Ambinder/The Atlantic) while an even larger majority of all voters say the RP should move to the "center to win over moderate and independent voters.
NEW YORK POLITICS/INDEPENDENCE PARTY
GOP gets help from Independence Party (Newsday) Records show New York's Republican Senate Campaign Committee gave $230,000 this month to the Independence Party, the state's largest minor party, for its help in trying to keep the Republicans' last power base in state government. NOTE: Frank MacKay is playing a dangerous game of selling independent votes to the highest bidder.
Who Are You Voting for - and Why? (Washington Post) Check out this Seesmic interactive post!!