Sorting out an elusive constituency: independent voters (MinnPost) The emergence of a sizable independent voting bloc has often foreshadowed a paradigm shift in national politics, and has occasionally signaled the demise of a major party.
Exit Stage Center-Right (Washington Post LETTER) In fact, the election showed that America is a center-left country. But more important, the clear message sent to Congress by Americans across the country was that the partisan fighting must stop and that collaborative efforts must be made to move the country forward.
OREGON MEASURE 65
- Looking Back at the Senate Race (The Oregonian LETTER) Has anyone noticed that Gordon Smith would have won this last election if Measure 65 had been in place?
- Oregon initiative campaigns hit $20 million (The Oregonian)
- In our view Nov. 8: Cheers & Jeers (The Columbian) Voters wisdom questioned on Measure 65
NEW YORK POLITICS/INDEPENDENCE PARTY
- Legis. Jack Eddington moves to Independence Party (Newsday)
- Suffolk County, New York Has Two Independence Party Members in its County Legislature (Ballot Access News)
- Battle for New York State Senate Was Also Battle Between Working Families and Independence Parties (Ballot Access News)
- Working Families Party workin’ it (Albany Times Union/Capitol Confidential)
- GOP gets help from Independence Party (Newsday)