More from Quinnipiac and Field polls on independent voters' views
- Deficit a Growing Concern for Public -- and White House (By GERALD F. SEIB, Wall Street Journal) When Mr. Hart, the Democratic pollster, conducted a focus-group discussion with a dozen independent voters in Maryland a few days ago, he drew this conclusion: "These independents' biggest worries are about the amount of money the government is spending and the speed at which it is making significant changes to how the country operates."
- Californians Shift in Marriage Views (By Michelle Garcia, Advocate) Quotes Field Poll
- Obama goes into Chicago-style community organizer mode (Watchdog Politics Examiner, Martha R Gore)
- The South secedes from the GOP (Facing South, The Institute for Southern Studies) "While the Republican Party is still able to compete in elections if they enjoy greater turnout from their supporters or greater support for its candidates from independent voters, the deck is clearly stacked in the Democratic Party's favor for now," the analysis concluded.
- Obama's Approval Drops To 50 Percent, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; Half Say President Acted 'Stupidly' In Race Dispute (Quinnipiac Poll)
- Morning Fix: As California Goes. . . (Chris Cillizza, Washington Post/The Fix)
Mayoral control of schools seen as important to education
O'S CZAR: NATION COULD LEARN FROM NYC (By CARL CAMPANILE, NY Post)