More comments on polls showing drop in support for Obama among indies -- depends on what polls when...
- Indies shifting, or not (Ben Smith, Politico)
- Daily Kos/Research 2000 Oregon Poll (Research 2000)
- Obama Job Approval Drifts Down to 58% So Far in July -- Approval rating of 53% among independents reflects six-point drop from June average (by Frank Newport, Gallup)
CALIFORNIA OPEN PRIMARY
Support for this year's top reform demand
- How To Rescue the Golden State from the Junk Heap (By Gloria Penner, KPBS)
NEW YORK POLITICS
NY State Senator Pedro Espada (photo above) should get the Reform Award of the Century in NY State politics!
- NY Senate gets to work after resolving roadblock (By MICHAEL GORMLEY, AP)
- Prodigal son returns - Sen. Pedro Espada Jr. becomes majority leader; Senate back on job (by JAMES M. ODATO, Albany Times Union)
- Stalemate In N.Y. Appears Resolved-Democratic Senator Rejoins His Caucus (By Keith B. Richburg, Washington Post)
- Albany Impasse Ends as Defector Rejoins Caucus (By DANNY HAKIM, NY Times)
Notes from a community organizer:
- The Myth of "Obama's Army" and the Reality of Organizing for Healthcare (by Femlaw, Daily Kos) Yep, that's right. We're telling stories. We're knocking doors. We're making phone calls. We're engaging in local activism. That's exactly what we did during the campaign - for two years. And it worked pretty well, the last time. . .
Unfortunately there won't be a Friday Nite Hankster Chat tonight -- my Hewlett Packard laptop computer with Windows Vista is in the shop... again. The one that had a defective hard drive that was replaced during the winter.... hmmm.... Will an Apple a day keep the doctor away???