- One New York blogger thinks it's time for open primaries in New York State - and this just might be the right composition in Albany to make that happen. Read NY: Time for NYS to open the primaries (Canadaeh blog)
- California continues to keep Abel Maldonado's open primary bill front and center: GOP has tough row to hoe in California (Carla Marinucci, San Francisco Chronicle)
- And this letter to the Pocono Record in Pennsylvania reminded me of the flurry of letters and editorials in favor of open primaries in the Keystone State: Primary elections are for the parties to use (LETTER, Pocono Record)
BELOW FROM POCONO RECORD ARCHIVES:
- Editorial: Open primary bill (Pocono Record Editorial)
- Editorial: Open primaries to all registered voters in Pa. (Pocono Record)
- Proposed law would end Pennsylvania's closed primaries (By HOWARD FRANK, Pocono Record)
- Sign petition for open primaries in state (LETTER Ponoco Record)
- Time to include all the voters in primaries (LETTER Ponoco Record)
- EDITORIAL: Primary system needs overhaul (Pocono Record)
NY Times says WFP (barely) backs Thompson by a 2-vote margin after Sheldon Silver called on Public Employees Federation bosses to go with the Democrat... Quel Surprise!
- Working Families Party Backs Thompson, Despite Mayor’s Pressure (By MICHAEL BARBARO, NY Times)
- THOMPSON CAMPAIGN WINS SILVER (By FREDRIC U. DICKER and CARL CAMPANILE, NY Post)
NEW YORK STATE INDEPENDENT POLITICS
According to the Buffalo News, Tom Golisano controls the upstate Independence Party of New York, and Steven Pigeon is his man... What's the future of reform in New York State?
- After the coup, Pigeon resented as 'hired gun'-Senate drama leaves a bitter aftertaste (By Robert J. McCarthy, Buffalo News)
- Who won, lost in NY's Senate coup? (By MICHAEL GORMLEY, Newsday)
Sarah Palin is still making news--and might be going independent... Most independents think she should quit national politics.