California Bill Advances, Would Tell Independent Voters They May Vote in Major Party Primaries (Ballot Access News)
More independence from New York City's becoming first independent mayor!
- Bloomberg's New 'Jobs and Education Party' (Elizabeth Benjamin, Daily News/Daily Politics)
- Mayor Bloomberg petitions for new party (The Associated Press, Newsday)
- Mayor Bloomberg Seeking Third Ballot Label (Ballot Access News)
- NYC Comptroller Sees 400,000 Jobless By 2010, Most Since 1993 (By Henry Goldman, Bloomberg.com)
NEW YORK STATE POLITICS
Lots of the NYC press on Pedro Espada's "coup" in Albany is (Democratic) partisan. That's to be expected -- NYC is a Democratic Party town. The interesting thing is that NYC is becoming independent and non-partisan, and both Mayor Bloomberg and Pedro Espada are independent. NYC press, eat your hearts out!
- Tom Golisano: N.Y.'s bad news billionaire (Bill Hammond, Daily News)
- Espada’s New Alliance Party Ties Still Bind, Say Old Bronx Political Observers (Sal Gentile, City Hall)
- Bronx Democratic Party not turning its nose up at Pedro Espada (Bob Kappstatter, Daily News)
- Pedro Espada’s Self-Coronation-The making of an Albany nihilist. (By Chris Smith, New York Magazine)