- Lawsuit, Round II-May primary elections unlikely to be affected by suit (Boise Weekly) The fight to open up the Idaho primaries for independents
- Republican announces run for 3rd District seat (Des Moines Register) In December, Democrats outnumbered Republicans by more than 20,000 in the 12-county district, which covers 12 counties in east-central and south-central Iowa, including Polk. Since then, Republican registration has shrunk nominally, while Democrats have surged by more than 12,000, largely due to former independent voters pouring into the Democrats’ ranks to participate in the caucuses.
- Cumberland County PA Democrats make small gains in registration (Cumberland County Sentinel) 3500 independents have reregistered to vote in the primary
- S.D., N.D. Democratic voters prefer Obama (Argus Leader)
- State seal brouhaha has some faces red (The Oregonian) Kiesling has state seal on Open Primaries website -- Oregon partisans don't like that
- Lawsuit Opens Idaho’s Closed Primary Issue Again (New West Network)
- PA Switch hitters: Voter registration changes are a result of state’s closed primary system (Beaver Co. Times & Allegheny Times)
- Superdelegate FAQ (Great Falls Tribune - MT) Montana voters choose which primary they want to vote in and don't have to register with the party
- Dems now ‘party of disenfranchisement’ (LETTER to Bluefield Daily Telegraph) Crocodile tears for partisans.....
- Easley urges Obama to debate in N.C. (Charlotte Observer) Easley writes that the debate would benefit 75,000 new Democrats and 50,000 unaffiliated voters who have recently registered.
- Mac's Bar Having Debate-Watch Party Tonight-Might be Fireworks Ahead of Pennsylvania Primary (Huntington News)
LIBERTARIAN PARTY KC CONFERENCE Libertarian Candidates, Supporters Gather in KC (KCUR Public Broadcasting)