- Democrats to let independents vote in primary (Register-Herald - Beckley WV) In advance of the May 13 primary, Democrats mailed special letters to some 145,000 non-affiliated voters, the so-called “independents,” inviting them to help pick their candidates for the fall balloting.
- Independents say they’ll be back (Paul Giblin, East Valley Tribune/Checking In/Freedom Blogging)
- Democrats sending 100,000 invitations to Independent voters before primary (Charleston Daily Mail)
- Parties look ahead to May 13 primary (Huntington Herald-Dispatch.com)
- Hillary Drops Back-A new Newsweek poll shows Obama pulling away. (Newsweek Web Exclusive) In a race against McCain, Obama gets more independent support than Clinton does.
- LINK TO COMPLETE POLL RESULTS
- Pre-Pennsylvania Primary Poll: Obama O-Belts it Out of the Park (Half Empty - pro-Obama blog)
- Clinton aide: NC win would be 'biggest upset of the century' (CNN Political Ticker)
- Tight race draws people out (Blueridge Times-News)
- Officials: Interest growing in one-stop early voting (Hickory Daily Record)
LOUISIANA INDEPENDENT ASHLEY CASEY * Candidates Face Challenges in Louisiana 6th Congressional Race (Bayou Buzz)