- Unaffiliated N.C. voters torn, could leave mark (Charlotte Observer)
- Race for your vote-Analysts expect biggest primary turnout ever (Charlotte Observer)
- Clinton stumps for wife in N.C. (Winston Salem Journal) Independent voters in North Carolina are overwhelmingly white -- seven times more whites than blacks -- according to state statistics.
- Insider Poll: Obama, Clinton Tied Within Margin Of Error In NC (Insider Advantage) Independents side with Obama 47 over Hillar 41% Crosstabs
- North Carolina Already At 8% Turnout (By Justin Gardner, Donklephant)
Bayh hitches star to Clinton (Chicago Tribune) Bayh also said that "Hoosiers are much too independent" for endorsements like his to significantly sway voters, and that Indiana's open primary, allowing independents and Republicans to cast Democratic ballots, also makes it hard for Clinton to win big.