- Independents Unite (Frederick News Post) Free State Independents
- McCain and the black vote (Washington Times) If Mr. McCain wants to rebrand himself and the party, he can't do so in lieu of addressing its base of black conservative and independent voters who are swaying toward Mr. Obama.
- Obama's Independents Problem (US News & World Report)
- E-mail attacks show 'Net's campaign power (UPI)
- Obama ‘within reach’ as historic nomination nears (St. Louis American) He also has more independent voters backing him than McCain, holding a solid 48 percent to 32 percent margin.
- What Hillary Wants (By Eugene Robinson, Washington Post)
- "WILL THIS BE THE LAST TRULY PARTISAN PRIMARY?" (Santa Monica Mirror)
- Swing State Polls Have Bad News for Obama (Politico) tracking the independent vote
- New Poll Finds Big Shift Toward Obama-Californians give Obama a significant edge over Clinton and McCain (US News & World Report)
- The Fall of Conservatism, Have the Republicans run out of ideas? (by George Packer-New York Magazine)
- Independents Talk About Obama (with poll for independents) (by Free Spirit - Daily Kos) Excerpt from Talk/Talk with Fred Newman and Jacqueline Salit