Today is primary day and 3.5 million Flori

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

News from Arkansas Independents!

I am recovering from a busy weekend, but it was great. Here's a rough report

Saturday I got up really early and set up a table at a local farmer's market. Here's the link to a photo on facebook (i took it on my cell phone). We registered (or re-registered) about 30 people, handed out over 100 information booklets and flyers, and got 3 people on our "sign up" sheet for future involvement. I networked with some independents at the Obama booth, and had very nice conversations with people from all over our state and surrounding states (most there for a RV Owners Convention). Today I have already noticed some increase in traffic to my blog.

Our next meeting is coming up this Thursday, Oct. 2nd. Because of an ad, I was contacted by a local campaign person from the Ralph Nader Campaign. He is coming to the meeting, and I am going to let him give a report on their efforts with ballot access and open debates, etc. He is also informing all of his volunteers about the meeting. I will attach the tentative agenda for the meeting this Saturday, to give you an idea of what I'm planning. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

So, that's the big news. My weekend also consisted of a late night visit with my sister-in-law (which allowed me to only get 4 hours of sleep before the voter registration drive), a playdate with a new family in our apartment complex, Church, and a church-friends party on Sunday night. I was so tired that I fell asleep (fully clothed, jeans and all) at 8:15 last night and didn't wake up until 7:30 this morning! My husband, bless his heart, just put the kids to bed by himself and let me sleep!

Thanks for your support!
Courtney S. Terry

No comments: