Oregon Measure 65 Open Primary Referendum Addresses Disenfranchisement of Independent Voters (by Nancy Cunningham and David Ellis, The Hankster)
- Parsing the (Tracking) Poll: Are We A Center-Right Country? (Chris Cillizza, The Washtington Post/The Fix)
- Post-ABC Tracking: In the Final Week (Washington Post) Southern white independents are also far more likely than politically independent whites in other regions to support McCain: They break 62 to 33 percent in his favor. White independents in the West favor Obama by a similarly wide margin, 63 to 34 percent.
- Independent Voters, Election's 'Big Get' (NPR)
- POLL-Obama holds 4-point lead on McCain (Reuters) McCain solidified his support among white and male voters but Obama retained double-digit leads among women and independent voters
- Obama leads Iowa by 13.5 percent (Iowa City Press Citizen) Support among independent voters appears to be the reason Obama continues to increase his advantage in Iowa
- Siena poll shows Obama doubling McCain in New York state (Daily Gazette) He has the support of 85 percent of Democrats, 61 percent of independent voters and even 26 percent of Republicans. He is favored by at least 55 percent of voters in every region of the state.
- TR and the Two Candidates (By John Avlon, RealClearPolitics) Theodore Roosevelt remains the uncontested champion of voters in the vital center.
NEW YORK CITY POLITICS
- Dowoti Désir, Announces Election Night Watch at the Shabazz Center in Harlem (Press Release) Elected officials who are expected to attend include Dr. Lenora Fulani, candidate for the Independence Party; State Senator Eric Schneiderman; State Senator Kevin Parker; and Assemblyman Adriano Espaillat.
- Jimmy Vacca's term-limit vote is a disappointment (Daily News)