GP Mayor Holzinger Among M65 Supporters (KAJO 1270 AM Grants Pass)
- Ayers/Wright attacks won't work and will harm the long term interests of conservatives (Chicago Tribune/Change of Subject) But I suspect moderate, independent voters are repelled by the polarizing and at least borderline racist tone of character attacks on Obama
- Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby Poll: Obama 48%, McCain 45% as presidential race enters final month (Detroit Lakes Tribune-Online) Obama has the edge among independent voters. He leads McCain among independents, 49% to 42%.... a vast majority feel the country is headed in the wrong direction. In this first of the daily tracking polls of the last month of the race for the White House, just 17% said the U.S. was headed in the right direction, while 74% said it was on the wrong track.
- McCain Campaign Leaks On Resuming The High Road Prove False: Ayers Issue Extensively Used (By JOE GANDELMAN, The Moderate Voice) McCain is now obliterating any vestiges of his 2000 brand — a brand that earned him the adoration of independent voters and many young people on campuses who saw him as a person of substance and principle who would never sell his soul to do things to win an election.
- And Now…McCain’s Ayers Ad (By Justin Gardner, Donklephant) McCain’s “maverick” brand is forever damaged with independent voters. But I guess that’s less important than the hope of somehow pulling out a win.
FRINGE CAMPAIGN (one more attack on Obama from the right....)
- Barack Obama Joined Marxist-Socialist Third Party In 1990s (by Bob Hayes, Blogger News Network)
- Obama and the New Party (Human Events)
MIKE BLOOMBERG/TERM LIMITS -- the "coming out" of a politician....
- Career Politician Michael Bloomberg (The Smith College Sophian) It is not clear whether such a desire is out of greed or pure love and concern for the city of New York, but subtly invoking fear into the citizens of New York that he and only he has the capacity to aid the city through such times is blatant fear-mongering and misuse of political capital.
- NYC council takes up term limit change this week (The Associated Press)
- Anger grows at New York 'King' Bloomberg (AFP)
- McCain, Obama could learn from local politicians (Newsday)
- Not like that, Mr. MayorBloomberg's attempt to subvert voters' will shouldn't fly, even in time of crisis (Newsday)