- Obama takes 10-point lead on McCain (Reuters) His advantage with independent voters grew to a whopping 27 points from 15 points and his edge with women voters grew to 16 points from 13.
- Poll: Obama opens biggest lead over McCain (NBC News) Obama’s current lead is also fueled by his strength among independent voters (topping McCain 49 to 37 percent), suburban voters (53 to 41), Catholics (50 to 44) and white women (49 to 45).
- Virginians Front and Center (Media General News Service) The videos showcase Republican and Independent voters from Florida, Virginia, Colorado and New Hampshire talking straight to the camera about their reasons for supporting Obama.
- Independent Presidential Candidate Finds Running Mate In Phone Book (Donklephant) Duncan picked up a list of independent voters from next-door Pennsylvania. He proceeded to call voters asking if they wanted to be his VP running mate.
- Could minority women voters, more than Independents, decide this election? (Politics in Color/Latina Lista) a new documentary released by an exciting new organization called Engage Her, reveals that maybe it's not those "Independent" voters who haven't made up their minds that the campaign should be targeting but those registered party voters who fit two criteria: female and minority. NOTE: Why not see this as a critical coalition instead of a rivalry????
OREGON MEASURE 65
'Open primary’ is dangerous (LETTER to Forest Grove News Times) Measure 65 is one of the most dangerous ballot measures in recent memory.
NEW YORK CITY POLITICS
- Poll Finds City Leans No on 3rd Bloomberg Term (NY Times/City Room) In this latest survey, Democrats opposed extending term limits, by 53 percent to 43 percent, as did independent voters, by 50 percent to 48 percent. Republicans supported the idea, 54 percent to 44 percent.
- Tom Golisano Finances Effort to Block Third Term for Bloomberg (Muckety.com) Great map!