Independent Pennsylvanians invites activists to attend press conference (Austin Cassidy's Independent Political Report)
- Fulani on term limits (NY Daily News/Daily Politics) “Mr. Bloomberg has the right to change his mind on this issue. I happen to be a supporter of democracy reform and the people making those decisions. So I think he’s going to have to respond to the people of this city,” she said.
- Bloomberg once called change to term limits a 'disgrace' (Newsday)
- Bloomberg wants 3rd term as New York mayor (Seattle Times)
- Proponent of Limits Reverses His Stand (NY Times)
- Elsewhere: Bloomberg's Gamble, Hope on Capitol Hill (NY Observer) Dan Jacoby supports Bloomberg and opposes term limits, but he opposes Bloomberg overturning them the most. Lenora Fulani, who helped Bloomberg get elected, feels more or less the same way.
- The Real Bloomberg Story (Talk Talk independentvoting.org) Newman: That's right. Now, what is that story? It's the story of how 59,000 votes on the Independence Party line in 2001 made him mayor of New York City. Salit: It's the story of how he had to turn to the independents to give him his margin of victory.
OPEN PRIMARIES/MEASURE 65
- Measure 65 seeks to open primaries (John Sowell, News Review Today)
- Measure 65 forum (Bend Bulletin) Tonight at 7pm in Redmond
- New poll shows Obama ahead in Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania (Cleveland Plain Dealer) Independent voters go 46 percent for Obama and 42 percent for McCain, compared to 47 - 43 percent for McCain September 11.
- Stephanopoulos: Independent Voters Hold White House Key (ABC News/Political Radar)
Third-party presidential candidates to debate at Vanderbilt on Oct. 6 (Vanderbilt myVU)