Today is primary day and 3.5 million Flori

Friday, July 22, 2011

Kyle Chamberlin, Independent for South Bend Common Council, District Four

INDEPENDENT CANDIDATES
An independent choice for city voters (KYLE E. CHAMBERLIN, South Bend Tribune) From what I've found, I may be the first independent candidate on a ballot for local office in more than 80 years. I recognize that status is not the fast track to a career in politics. However, I view public service as a calling, not a career. I would rather take the difficult path than bow to conventional wisdom. When fellow residents consider where they realistically fall on the philosophical spectrum, I expect my stand for cooperation and common sense will be a fruitful one. And I trust my lack of political party affiliation serves as evidence of my genuine intent to do things differently.

UPDATE: You can see Chamberlin's (very hip) campaign website here

1 comment:

Kyle Chamberlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.