Today is primary day and 3.5 million Flori

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bloggers Unite For Hunger And Hope

I just joined Bloggers Unite For Hunger And Hope -- BlogCatalog/Heifer International's call for the end of world hunger and start of hope on April 29. What they are asking is that you join thousands of other bloggers and write a post about world hunger on April 29. I encourage you to do the same.

Here's my post, and here's what I'm doing about world hunger:

I am talking to everyone about open primaries. The concept of open primaries is a pro-people, pro-democracy, anti-partisan concept that would mean that everyone votes in the first round of voting and that candidates run as people not party representatives. I feel that open primaries is a critical cultural shift that is needed to include the 40% of Americans who are independents in the political process, and to loosen up the death-grip that the 2 parties have on our political process and ultimately on public policy.

That's why I think open primaries is important to end world hunger. 

Would you trust humanity to the Democratic and Republican parties?

Hardly! We've seen their work. It's destructive. It's self-perpetuating. It's cynical.

End world hunger? Beware the baneful effects of party!

No comments: