- As Ron Paul Weighs Presidential Run, His Issues Are Already Being Debated (By MICHAEL D. SHEAR, NY Times) “The country is already quite different,” Mr. Paul said. “There are literally millions of more people concerned about the very things I talked about four years ago. It is the excessive spending, the entitlement system, the foreign policy, as well as the monetary system.”
- Paul makes move toward 2012 run (Written by MARY STEGMEIR, Des Moines Register) The new status will allow Paul to participate in the season's first debate for prospective Republican candidates, scheduled for May 5. The lawmaker had previously accepted an invitation to the Fox News-sponsored event in South Carolina, but recently revised guidelines require each participant to file as an exploratory candidate or a formal candidate by Friday.
- Ron Paul Announces Presidential Exploratory Committee (By Catherine Dodge, Bloomberg News)
- Ron Paul Doubts Young People Will Flock to Obama (By Elspeth Reeve, National Journal)
- Donald Trump and Ron Paul: Republican Fringe Out in Front of 2012 Field (ANALYSIS, By AMY WALTER and Z. BYRON WOLF, ABC News)
Michael Kazin talks trash about INDEPENDENT VOTERS
The Trouble With Independents - What if these voters are just a clueless horde? (Michael Kazin, The New Republic) Since avowed Republicans and Democrats line up consistently behind whichever arguments come from their side, it is the independents who are responsible for the contradictory results: Almost 50 percent agreed first with the GOP positions, and then, with those of the other party. As the pollsters observed, “[I]ndependents … move in response to the messages and attacks tested in this survey.”