Today is primary day and 3.5 million Flori

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

NATIONAL: Burt Prelutsky's quaint view of independent voters

Down with the independent voter
May 16, 2006
by Burt Prelutsky
Town Hall
...I realize that those who wish to identify with a third party regard themselves as extremely sophisticated, unwilling to align themselves with parties they regard as the political equivalents of Tweedledum and Tweedledee. In my opinion, they’re not sophisticated, merely frustrated. They dislike the compromises, the lobbying, and the trade-offs, that go with politics in America. While I don’t entirely blame them, I do regard them as hopelessly naïve. ...I vote the straight Republican ticket, not because I think the GOP is filled with great statesmen, but because, when all is said and done, I never want Democrats in a position to appoint federal judges. That’s the legacy that lingers long after the scoundrels have retired or gone on to that big pork barrel in the sky. ... more

No comments: