Today is primary day and 3.5 million Flori

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Illinois: Meeks puts a lot of stock in a wink and a promise from the players...

School funding based on lottery has a life span of 4 years (the term length of the gov). But apparently the Blagojevich -Meeks relationship is much longer-lasting....

From the Peoria Journal Star: "Here's how Meeks described his meeting with Blagojevich before dropping out of the race. 'You (Blagojevich) look me straight in the eye and promise me we're going to do these things. And he looked me straight in the eye and he said, 'I can't do them if I'm not re-elected,'' Meeks said. It doesn't look like a promise was made, and if it was, Meeks should have gotten it in writing. Oh, we forgot, written promises are no guarantee either."

No comments: