- Does The Emerging Democratic Majority Help Obama? (The Plank/The New Republic) hint: the answer is no
- A Party Transformed (By Ronald Brownstein, National Journal)
- Democrats Split, Too (James Joyner, Outside The Beltway) currently Obama edges McCain by 49% to 43% among independents in a general election matchup.
- Why Republicans Still Have a Chance (RealClearPolitics) When it comes to independent voters, Mr. McCain more than holds his own with Mr. Obama (41% to 39%)
THAT CLEVELAND DEBATE:
- The Lying Despicable Campaign To Turn Jews Against Obama (By M.J. Rosenberg, TPM Cafe) It may be a case of chickens coming home to roost.
- Obama and the Jews (Truthdig.com)
- The Farrakhan Distraction (Alternet.org)
- Robert D. Novak: Hillary error saves Barack error, but no one saves Newt (Union Leader)
- Some Still Dream of a Third-Party Run (By Diane Cardwell, City Room/NY Times)