Independent Voters React To Presidential Debate (KRDO - Colorado Springs) "I want them to address the problems that are of importance to the American people and I want them to be clear," says independent voter Marcia Ford.
REFORM/OPEN PRIMARY Oregon Measure 65
- Former allies split about open primary - Phil Keisling, Barbara Roberts debate merits of Measure 65 at forum (Statesman Journal)
- Some ideas that might be included in a government reform package (Sacramento Bee)
- NON-POLITICIANS FOR NON-POLITICAL JOBS (The Oregonian) "The secretary of state's office has become too much about a party and not enough about people," candidate Rick Dancer says
- Save yes vote for primary change (The Gresham Outlook) Measure 65 – open primary: This highly commendable measure would modernize Oregon’s election system by allowing all voters – regardless of political party affiliation – to participate in primary elections and vote for whichever candidate they prefer – again, regardless of party.
- In praise of Loren Parks (The Oregonian) Phil Keisling visited the editorial board Wednesday. He was in to chat up his "open primary" ballot measure. But Phil being Phil, he talked about more. Much more.
- Who Won the First Debate? (Science Blogs/The Corpus Callosum) What influence will the debate have on independent voters? Not much, because it was so forgettable.
- Polls Show Obama Clear Winner in First Debate with McCain, Many Pundits Agree (OpEdNews) A Media Curves poll shows independent voters favoring Obama in the debate 61% to 39% overall, with independents giving Obama significantly higher marks also on foreign policy and national security as well as on the economy.
- LINK TO MEDIA CURVES POLL
- Obama scores among Indies (Baltimore Sun/Random Rodricks) Media Curves poll: Results from instant polling -- conducted by text message and on-line during the debate -- by HCD Research and the Muhlenberg College Institute of Public Opinion shows Obama having scored effectively among independent voters on almost every subject touched on last night.
NEW YORK POLITICS/INDEPENDENCE PARTY
MacKay Defends McCain, Who Decides To Debate After All (Daily News/Daily Politics) The rank opportunist State Chair of the Independence Party of New York seems to be just makin' it up as he goes along....
PERFORMING THE WORLD
- Litvak to perform in NYC (North Shore News, North Vancouver,BC,Canada) In Now Who's Crazy Now? Litvak chronicles her experiences living with and recovering from a serious mental illness.
- Novice producer has a huge hit on her busy hands (The Abbotsford Times BC, Canada)
- Eutaw group to perform in NYC (Demopolis Times AL) The StoryTree Acting Company will perform at the Eastside Institute’s “Performing the World” in New York City on Oct. 2-5, featuring more than 150 groups from around the world.
- If she can make it there... Classical vocalist realizes her dream, gives solo recital in NYC (Hudson Reporter)
- Blogging the World (NEXT SUNDAY MORNING Oct 5) at Performing the World features a dialogue with Justin Gardner (Donklephant), Robert Koulflo (Koulflo's Memo, and Twitter), Jacqueline Salit (independentvoting.org, The Neo-Independent magazine), and Lanya Shapiro (Traction) on democracy, technology, blogging and community activism. (The Hankster)