- Arizona Democrats narrow gap with GOP in latest voter-registration count (White Mountain Independent) "The other thing that's taking place in this country is long-term partisanship means less than it once did, so we're becoming more independent," Solop said. "We're not as linked to political parties as we once were."
- New Mexico voters show Independent streak (KOB News 4) "I think it's a continuation of a long term trend of the two parties - being replaced by very independent voters who won't want to be identified with either of these brands," Monahan said.
- Schwarzenegger on Sidelines as RNC Begins (Capitol Public Radio KPBS, San Diego State University)
- McCain Must Add Democrats To Make Math Work (by Ronald Brownstein, National Journal) In 2004, And Bush won the election while narrowly losing independent voters, also a first for a Republican president.
- Last Man Standing (The Hill) John McCain's maverickness
SARAH PALIN AND THE ALASKA INDEPENDENCE PARTY
- Palin And The Alaska Independence Party (Marc Ambinder/The Atlantic)
- McCain's Palin Problem (The Nation/Campaign '08)
- Was McCain's VP Pick Ever An AIP Member? (Daily Kos)
- ABC News attacks Sarah Palin for ties to Alaska Independence Party (Libertarian Republican)
- Sarah Palin Debated Her Minor Party Opponents in 2006 (Ballot Access News) Perhaps there will be an opportunity for “Rock the Debates” activists to ask Sarah Palin if she will debate any of her minor party opponents for vice-president, when she debates Joe Biden.