- Poll Finds Independent Voters Split Between McCain, Obama (Washington Post)
- Poll indicates rising Obama electability (UPI) A Gallup Poll released Monday indicates most U.S. independent voters said likely Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama will win the White House.
Semanko promises unity as Idaho GOP leader (Magic Valley Times News) A separate 199-192 vote among delegates in Sandpoint that supported retaining the state's open primary is indicative of just how divided this convention was.
- FL: City Strips Penalties From Nonpartisan Election Rule (THE LEDGER Lakeland FL)
- PA: Democrats blocking vital legislative reform (Towanda Daily and Sunday Review - PA)
- PA: Redistricting = Democracy (Philadelphia Daily News)
- CA: Gray Davis Endorses California Redistricting Initiative (Rose Report)
- Florida: Redistricting Reform Efforts (Rose Report)
- FL: Group Files Suit to put growth vote on ballot (Orlando Business Journal) Blackner has hired Gary Sinowski, a noted ballot access attorney, to serve as the group's lead counsel in the lawsuit.
- N.C.: Libertarian runs for serious attention By Mark Binker (News Record - Greensboro)
- US: Should we eliminate the Electoral College and count only popular votes? (OpEdNews)
ALASKA: Important Case on Political Party Control Over Nominations May be Heard by 9th Circuit in August (Ballot Access News)