- Young Obama voters may not help down-ticket Democrats (Seattle Times) So far, initial evidence for this election points to young people behaving more like ticket-splitting independent voters than true partisans.
- Obama Tilts Toward Center, Irking Some Activists (Wall Street Journal) general-election season will put increased pressure on both candidates to attract moderate and independent voters.
- Election 2008: New Mexico Presidential Election-Obama Holds onto Lead in Land of Enchantment (Rasmussen Reports)
- McGrath: All Ravalli County residents are 'qualified voters' (Missoulian) The opinion released Monday notes that Montana law directs the legislature to extend "initiative and referendum powers" to the qualified electors of each local government unit
- NATIONAL VIEW: Maybe, in January, it'll be time to rethink Electoral College (South Coast Today - MA)
- Editorial: The national popular vote alternative (Daily News Tribune - Waltham MA)
- Instant runoff voting poses problems (News Observer)
- The Groundhog Day Election in Los Angeles (California Progress Report) IRV prevents nasty runoff elections
- Nader tries to get on presidential ballot in Illinois (ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH)
- GOP frets Barr could play spoiler in prez race (AP - Google)