- Battle for independent voters begins (Christian Science Monitor)
- Obama Leads McCain In Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Quinnipiac University Swing State Poll Finds (Quinnipiac)
- Obama, Clinton to join forces for fund-raising pitch in D.C. (Palm Beach Post-Cox News Service) Florida's independent voters, who favored McCain by a 45-36 percent margin a month ago, now prefer Obama by a 47-37 percent margin.
- Analysis: Independents split over McCain, Obama (CNN)
- Swing Lobby Politics-Obama's Genuflections (CounterPunch)
IDAHO * Will Rex Rammell’s Run Ruin Risch? (New West Network) However, independents are at odds with Rammell’s strong support for closed primaries, an issue which dominated the recent state GOP convention. With that issue, they line up with LaRocco, who supports open primaries and more government transparency, another issue dear to the hearts of independents.
OREGON * Macpherson back to support open primary (Politicker OR)
CALIFORNIA * California is branded among a 'Dirty Dozen' on gerrymandering (LA Times)
NEW YORK * BLOOMBERG'S BLUES, why our billionaire mayor might not want to become our billionaire governor. (NY Press)