- “18 Million Cracks” (The Rutherford Lawson Blog) It can also be said that Braun, Shirley Chisolm, Lenora Fulani and Elizabeth Dole, each in their own way paved the road for Hillary.
- November Election in the Hands of the Independents (KCBS) California's senior Senator, Dianne Feinstein told ABC's "This Week," that the race won't come down to color. It will be in the hands of independent voters.
- Lieberman’s transformation from Dems’ VP pick to McCain mouthpiece (Muckety News) None of the talk of retribution and betrayal fazes Lieberman. He said “the post-2006 chapter of my life” has freed him from “tribal partisanship.”
- Sunday Snapshot -- Don't Cry For Me, America (Hotline blog/National Journal) Talk show round-up-NBC's Gregory: "I think independent voters are going to be so interesting to watch in this cycle because you've got two candidates who have demonstrated success among independent voters, notably John McCain.
- Rasmussen: Obama Leads McCain By 6 (By Justin Gardner, Donkelephant)
Mississippians want options at the polls (By The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal) Mississippians clearly want the option to vote in any primary they wish. If anything, they want an even more open system like Louisiana's, where all the candidates are on the same ballot, regardless of party.