- Our president should support more direct democracy (By Joel S. Hirschhorn, Online Journal)
- SEIU: It's Time for Real Redistricting Reform (California Majority Report)
- Phil Power: It's time to amend the constitution (Livingston Daily - MI)
- State reform bid nears ballot (Detroit News)
- Alabama Ballot Access Case Filed (Ballot Access News)
- Another Illinois Constitutional Ballot Access Case Filed (Ballot Access News)
LOCAL INDEPENDENT NEWS
- MN: Barkley, U.S. Senate candidate, wants to fix 'broken' system (Echo Press)
- NC: Editorial: Expanding debate (Salisbury Post - NC) Third-party candidates often find themselves in a Catch-22 situation.
NEW YORK POLITICS/INDEPENDENCE PARTY
Goetz Is Thrown Off Independence Ballot (By Jonathan P. Hicks, NY Times/City Room)
- It’s hard to make a good political comedy without being political (The Virginian-Pilot) While it goes for warm chuckles rather than big laughs, it flip-flops as obviously as current, and past, political candidates. It has no guts. It avoids saying anything critical of either party and takes no stand.
- "Swing Vote" (Salon) [the daughter Molly] after asking him what his party affiliation is, she crisply informs him that he's registered as an independent, because "the two-party system has neglected the needs of the working poor."