- Independent voters have shaped the 2008 Presidential Election (DAKOTA 21)
- More R.I. voters register as Democrats (Providence Journal) Independents down from 55% to 48%
REFORM: Oregon Measure 65 would help independent voters in Oregon
- Voting experiment might come to Oregon (The Oregonian) Minor parties like that the Top 2 system improves their access to the ballot. They no longer need to gather 1,000 signatures or hold a convention to qualify. But that better access is only to the primary ballot, which attracts less attention and fewer voters than the general election.
- Wash. voters to try new open primary on Tuesday (KTVZ Central Oregon) Political parties are expected to oppose the measure.
- Democrats gather picnic, politics (Havasu News Herald) But independent voters are gaining ground – almost 30,000 voters have not declared a party affiliation – and Dave Tunnell of Lake Havasu City said that’s good news for the Democrats.
- Campaigns connect online and in person (St. Petersburg Times) Social networking and political campaigning...
- How Democrats can mine the West-The party's message appeals to the region's growing population of independents. (By Ken Salazar, LA Times)
LOCAL INDEPENDENT NEWS