- CO: Counties swinging votes (The Denver Post) Forty-two percent of Garfield County voters are unaffiliated, and that category has been steadily growing.
- CO: Five counties key to nine electoral votes-With Colorado in play come Nov. 4, independent-minded communities are likely to "swing" the state. (Denver Post)
- CT: A welcome jump in voter interest (Stamford Advocate) Overall, unaffiliated voters remain the largest percentage of the state's 1.92-million-member electorate, with 801,002.
- Why does Michigan choose candidates for county and township offices through party primaries? (Holland Sentinel) Party affiliation has almost nothing to do with local government, so why do we have a system that makes non-Republicans who want to engage in community service sit on the sidelines or masquerade as members of the GOP?
- Nothing to fear but democracy itself (San Francisco Chronicle) History also has shown that minorities gain when redistricting is taken out of the hands of the Legislature
- Anti-Prop. 11 forces make note of wealthy donors to pro-11 side (Politicker CA) among the top contributors to the measure are New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Los Angeles developer Rick Caruso and oil billionaire T. Boone Pickens.
- New group formed -- Americans for Redistricting Reform (Votelaw.com)
LOCAL INDEPENDENT NEWS
Minneapolis / Ventura to speak at rally for Republican Ron Paul (Pioneer Press)
MEDIA* Newspaper Ad Revenue Down 7.9% (NY Times from March 31, 2008)