- OREGON REPUBLICANS & DEMOCRATS TEAM UP TO END THIRD PARTY COMPETITION (NewsWithViews.com) "Try to imagine the sheer horror of having both Democrat and Republican Parties under the control of the liberal-left. It'll be the downfall of the United States and will open the door to the Internationalists who believe America is simply a cash-cow for the world," said Baker. [NOTE: This publication should be called News With Right Wing Hysteria]
- Arriving Michigan Delegates to Democratic Party National Convention Finally Freed From 'Half Of One Vote' Punishment Mandate (Marketwatch) Without any public hearings, the majority of 110 State Representatives, and 38 State Senators were co-conspirators in the popup of Public Act 52 of 2007 ("Closed Early Michigan Presidential Primary") signed by Gov. Granholm on September 4, 2007.
- Early voting kicks off in parish (The Natchez Democrat) This is the first election cycle in which closed primaries are being used in Louisiana, Ensminger said.“We have always had open primaries, and a lot of people crossed party lines to vote in an election, but hopefully there won’t be too much confusion,” she said.
- Poll: Obama leads by 5 points in Colorado (Washington Times) Among independent voters, Mr. Obama took 43 percent, Mr. McCain 34 percent, Green Party candidate Cynthia McKinney 2 percent, with 31 percent undecided.
- Poll: McCain leads Obama in Colorado (The Denver Post) In the poll Independent voters split between the two candidates, with 46 percent favoring McCain to Obama's 44 percent.
- PRESIDENTIAL RACE: Nevadans give McCain edge-But undecided voters hold key to election (Las Vegas Review Journal) Obama had a lead among Nevada independent voters, 40 percent to 34 percent, with 26 percent still undecided.
- Wild West No Longer a Lock for GOP (CQ Politics)