- Suit Targets Write-In Candidates Loophole (The Tampa Tribune) Don't close the primaries
- Aronberg sues over write-in loophole (Palm Beach Post FL) Independent voter joins suit
- EDITORIAL ~~ Commissioner is no democrat either . . . (Fernandina Beach Leader - FL) Higginbotham changed from a Democrat to a Republican for convenience as the GOP became Nassau County's majority party. He has become nonpartisan for convenience as well.
- Deeply divided Colorado could be a toss-up state (CNN) Colorado, with its large population of independent voters, could become the ultimate battleground state in the general election.
- Obama Camp Thinks Democrats Can Rise in South (BlueRidgeNow - NC)
REFORM: Initiative and Referendum, Redistricting
- Citizens Have A Right To Legislate (LETTERS Hartford Courant )
- Voter reforms should be included on ballots (LETTER Albany Times Union)
- First step in city council recall attempt begins with meeting (BY DAVID TEWES - VICTORIA ADVOCATE - TX)
- Shameless Anti-Redistricting Web Site Goes Up (New America/Blockbuster Democracy blog)
- Stop the Power Grab Redistricting Initiative (Citizens for Accountability website) ref. above
- Sacramento Bee Account of Redistricting Debate (Rose Report)
- Senator Perata’s Redistricting Hypocrisy (Rose Report)
- Orlando Sentinel Editorial on Florida Redistricting Reform (Rose Report)
- Perata's power play (San Francisco Chronicle)