- Poll: Independent Voters Unenthusiastic About Obama And McCain (The Moderate Voice) Even though their impact is pooh-poohed by some partisans on both sides (until the votes are actually counted and it shows their impact) both camps will be going after independent voters.
- HERE'S THE POOH-POOH:
- Independent, uninspired, and undecided (Boston Globe/Political Intelligence)
- Sad Independent Voters Are Excited About Nothing (Wonkette: The D.C. Gossip Blog)
- WARNING to Boston Globe and Wonkette: Demean independent voters at your own risk!
- Idaho to court: State GOP lawsuit should be tossed (Fox 12 News KTRV) U.S. District Judge B. Lynn Winmill said he'll hold a scheduling conference to outline the hearing dates in August.
- REVIEW OF RECENT WASHINGTON "TOP TWO" STORIES:
- Pay attention, voters (Seattle Times editorial)
- IN OUR VIEW: Welcome, top two (By The Columbian editorial board)
- Parties should back off threats to void election (Takoma NEWS TRIBUNE)
- State will run top-two primary-Parties say it will jeopardize election results (Seattle Post Intelligencer)
- "Top-two" warning nothing to worry about, Sam Reed says (The Olympian)
NEW YORK POLITICS/INDEPENDENCE PARTY
- New York State Independence Party Leadership Consolidates More Power Over County Units of Party (Ballot Access News) -- State party faction doesn't want any grassroots activity they can't control...
- Consultant fees raise questions in Davis bid for Independence Party nomination-Wives of two officials paid $5,00 each (Buffalo News) -- The internal shenanigans of the upstate faction of the New York Independence Party....