- Big Primaries, Big Changes: Iowa, New Hampshire And Voter Registration (CBS News/Horserace) Unlike in Iowa, most New Hampshire independents who chose one of the parties in the primary (roughly 138,000 of the 196,000) left it just as quickly as they joined, re-registering themselves as independents again on the way out of the polling place!
- Young voters find their voices this election (Greensboro NC News Record) n North Carolina, at least 110,000 new voters registered before the May primary, with a sharp rise among unaffiliated voters, Democrats and African Americans, according to the state Board of Elections.
- Voter registration report shows Arizona may be 'going blue' (ASU Web Devil) Rise in unaffilitated voter registration
- Minnesota Polls: Obama Leads McCain by 18 Percent (MyFox Twin Cities) Decline among indies for both candidates--25% now undecided
LOCAL INDEPENDENT NEWS
Pa. editorials have sharp words for bonus scandal (York Daily Record)
THIRD PARTY NEWS
- Ventura Won’t Seek Minnesota Senate Seat, Unless ‘God Speaks To Me’ (CQ Politics)
- Green Party Taps McKinney for President (Chicagoist)
- Ohio Libertarian Party Federal Court Hearing (Ballot Access News)
- Green Party Hopes to Expand Ballot Access by Pairing States that are On with States that are Petitioning (Ballot Access News)
- Nader collecting signatures to gain ballot access (Politicker.com)
- Nader has enough signatures to qualify in R.I. (Providence Journal)
NEW YORK POLITICS/INDEPENDENCE PARTY
The Hankster has not given much attention to the New York State Independence Party until now. However, there are some interesting dynamics because of the national political scene and the rise of independents throughout the country that warrent bringing this story in. Here are some of the local reports:
- Bloomberg'$ Indy History (NY Daily News/Daily Politics) Omissions from yesterday's "report"....
- Mayor Bloomberg Gives $150,000 to N.Y. Independence Party (Ballot Access News) [NOTE: That's the anti-democratic State Committee faction of the NY IP, as controlled by the State Chairdictator --NH]
- Nassau Independence Party to back GOP's Donno (Newsday) [IP State Committee plays party politics]