- Idaho Repub chief Norm Semanko interview with comments on open/closed primaries (BOISE WEEKLY)
- If Idaho is a bellwether, Democrats are looking good (Idaho Mountain Express) Key fight within Repub Party over open primaries, inclusion of independents
- Provincial Progressives: The New Yorker Magazine and Why Obama May Lose (Huffington Post) Progressives, Democrats and all those independent voters like me who long to turn the page on the Bush catastrophe -- get a grip!
- Obama on a pedestal could be worse than an absurd caricature (Politics In Color) I'm not satisfied with the complaints that the New Yorker gave comfort to right-wing nuts. It may be better to see this over-the-top image now as independent voters assess the Democratic U.S. Senator from Illinois rather than October when the undecided are about to make up their minds on which candidate they will chose at the polls.
- Obama holds 9-point lead over McCain, poll shows (by Staten Island Advance)
- Women, Blacks Give Obama 9 - Point Lead Over McCain (Quinnipiac University)
- Obama Moves Right? Pundits Cheer (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) Analysis of media coverage
THIRD PARTY NEWS
- Barkley joins Senate race-WIth Jesse Ventura announcing that he wouldn't run, Barkley, a longtime adviser to the former governor, put his hat in the ring. (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- Barkley enters U.S. Senate race (Pioneer Press)
- Editorial: Barkley: IP gets a serious candidate (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- Jesse the Diva gives way to bravado-lite Barkley (Minneapolis Post)