Who Are Independents And What Do They Want? (Marc Ambinder, The Atlantic)
Open Primaries in Oregon?-An Initiative for Open Primaries Will Be on the November Ballot (Associated Content)
MAYOR BLOOMBERG GOES TO MINNEAPOLIS
- NY mayor in Twin Cities, says good things about McCain, Obama (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- Bloomberg, on a Visit to Minneapolis, Urges Independents to Organize for Clout (NY Times) Mr. Bloomberg criticized the electoral process in places like New York City, where only those who are registered as Republicans or Democrats can participate in the primaries. He said the system essentially disenfranchises some 700,000 voters and gives undue clout to special-interest groups like labor unions.
- NYC mayor making the rounds in Twin Cities (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- Bloomberg: No endorsement yet in presidential race (USA Today)
- Bloomberg withholds presidential endorsement (Minnesota Public Radio)
- MIKE: NIX $$ FOR PRIMARIES (NY Post)
- Bloomberg Declines To Endorse In Minnesota (CBS News/Horserace)
- Bloomberg Praises McCain, Obama (Washington Independent)
- Independent to the last, Bloomberg criticizes primaries, won't pick pres (DAILY NEWS)
- Bloomberg Told to Cool Pro-McCain Rhetoric (ABC News/Political Radar) The chairman of the Independence Party of Minnesota tells ABC News on Friday that his party members complained to him after he told the press Thursday that Mike Bloomberg's aides had signaled that the New York mayor was planning to use a Friday speech in Minneapolis to praise Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.