Tuesday, May 02, 2006
TODAY'S NEWS HEADLINES
COMMENTARY: "The 'Listening to the People' party - thanks to Carroll for post yesterday!!!
NATIONAL * Environmentalist left's fingerprints on anti-immigration effort (Front Page magazine)
NEW YORK * Weak challenges to Hillary from within (Antiwar.com)
TEXAS * Strayhorn petition case made in federal court yesterday (Houston Chronicle)
* Indiana: Primary rules exclude independents (Courier Press)
* Arkansas: Rod Bryan files petition for gov as independent (Ark News Bureau)
* Massachusetts: Gov candidate debate includes independent Mihos (Metro West Daily News)
* Oklahoma: Independent Elmer Million to run for Lt. Gov.
* Florida: Anti-immigration Minuteman founder Jim Gilchrist may run for Pres as Constitution party candidate (Free Market News)
* Georgia: More black voters becoming independent (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
* Oregon: Open Primary Initiative forum Thursday (News Review)
* Florida: Loophole in open primary system (Orlando Sentinel)